This week we talk with Pete Stagl, owner of Servant 360 for the continuation of the Spiro Podcast Owner Spotlight Series. Pete share's about his company, but dives into a timely topic for all of us: how to market your Real Estate Media company through a recession.
6:28-7:36 Intro to Pete and Servant 360
7:37-12:38 Pete’s perspective on the current market and economy
12:39-13:27 Will some real estate media companies fold?
- Companies have to be prepared and continue to marketing their business
13:28-15:15 What to say to a Realtor who can’t get buyers into the home
- Real estate media companies can shine when houses do not sell as quickly
- Agents need media to stand out
- This is the time to educate clients on what you offer
15:16-22:34 How can real estate photographers market themselves and survive the recession?
- Some of the biggest, most profitable businesses started during recessions
- If you eliminate your marketing, who will know that you’re still in business?
- Agents are similar to photographers - they are islands and mainly compete with each other
- Come alongside your clients and offer to help; look at it as serving them and helping them generate more business
- Keep your name at the forefront during difficult times
- Agents think about real estate photography about once a month
22:35-32:02 What is a first step in marketing?
- Connect with potential clients through social media, email, calls
- Make sure they know you’re still in business
- Offer as many services as possible so you can serve an advisory role to your clients
- They are already looking for new ways to market; if you don’t offer these services, they will find a company that does - be a one-stop shop
- Having an efficient ordering and delivery system (such as Spiro) walks clients through what they need and helps you upsell
- If an agent is really looking to survive the recession, they will want more than photos
- It’s hard to increase your average order value if you only do photos
- A Realtor is marketing themselves to their clients through their past listings; some clients decide on their agent based on the media for their past listings
- Put yourself in your client’s shoes and understand what they’re trying to solve
- Spiro’s ability to show past listings is a sales tool for prospective clients
- An agent has to show that they will do more
- Stay positive and avoid fear-based news
- Focus on opportunities over challenges; focus on what you can control
- Surround yourself with the people who build you up
- Craig’s book recommendation: Winning the War in Your Mind by Craig Groeschel
37:47-43:15 How should businesses prepare to absorb new clients?
- Those who focus on fear will be more likely to give up
- Some competitors will close; some may offer clients to you
- Pete created a coupon code for the clients he received from a closing competitor
- Their use of the code put them in his system
43:16-47:20 Contact Pete at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow him on social media at @servant360
- Implement something from this podcast today
- Find a marketing group
- Start talking to your agents
- Find an accountability partner, such as Todd (email@example.com) to motivate and remind you to accomplish your goals
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to follow us on Social Media:
Spiro on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/spiro.media
Spiro on Instagram: @spiro.media
Spiro on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/spiro-media
You can find out more about Spiro at spiro.media.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.